Curro Head Office has a position available for a Curriculum Specialist English
PLEASE TAKE NOTE
- You will only be required to submit supporting documents should you be invited for an interview.
- You do not need to contact us. Please regard your application for this post as unsuccessful if you have not received notification for an interview 2 weeks after the closing date.
- Curro Holdings Ltd reserves the right to not make an appointment.
Curro is an equal opportunity employer
Preference will be given to EE candidates
Key Skills / Requirements
- This role will involve the development of content for English. This is a multi-faceted requirement that includes planning, sourcing and creating content as well as managing and assisting with the implementation of the subject at the DigiEd schools and Curro Online.
- Content creation will include the development of print resources, videos, interactive online content and quizzes and the setting of tests and formal assessments.
- The role will also involve assisting and support teachers in all Digi-Ed schools and Curro Online with the following:
- Professional development,
- Curriculum organisation,
- Curriculum implementation,
- Performance assessments,
- Curriculum evaluation, and
- Assure quality in teaching
- To play a meaningful and effective role in transforming Digi-Ed and Curro Online classrooms into 21st Century learning hubs.
- Must be SACE registered
- A lively, positive attitude towards teaching.
- A willingness to renew, innovate and develop curriculum and methodologies in order to achieve the best possible quality results.
- The ability to see the bigger picture in the Digi-Ed Curro Digital schooling system.
- Excellent content knowledge of their subject.
- Knowledge of systemic and benchmark tests. Excellent computer skills, communication skills and people skills.
- A willingness to work with the larger Curro Digital Curriculum team to develop and implement solutions across subjects.
The following prior experience and qualifications would be to your advantage:
- At least five years’ experience of teaching Home Language English in the FET phase.
- A post-graduate degree in English/ Education
- Prior experience of being an English Head of Department
- Prior experience of teaching Home Language English at the Matric Level with a track record of good results
- Prior experience of being a matric moderator or assessor for the English Independent Examination Board and/or National Senior Certificate Exams
- Prior experience of teaching Advanced Programme English
- Prior experience of creating online materials for a learning management system
- Prior experience of creating educational video content