- This role will involve the development of content for Mathematics. This is a multi-faceted requirement that includes planning, sourcing and creating content as well as managing and assisting with the implementation of the subject at the DigiEd schools and Curro Online.
- Content creation will include the development of print resources, videos, interactive online content and quizzes and the setting of tests and formal assessments.
- The role will also involve assisting and support teachers in all Digi-Ed schools and Curro Online with the following:
- Professional development,
- Curriculum organisation,
- Curriculum implementation,
- Performance assessments,
- Curriculum evaluation, and
- Assure quality in teaching
- To play a meaningful and effective role in transforming Digi-Ed and Curro Online classrooms into 21st Century learning hubs.
- Must be SACE registered.
- An up to date police clearance certificate.
- A bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and/or Mathematics education.
- A relevant teaching qualification.
- A lively, positive attitude towards teaching.
- A willingness to renew, innovate and develop curriculum and methodologies in order to achieve the best possible quality results.
- The ability to see the bigger picture in the Curro Digital schooling system.
- Excellent content knowledge of their subject.
- Knowledge of systemic and benchmark tests.
- Excellent computer skills, communication skills and people skills. A knowledge of using learner management systems.
- A willingness to work with the larger Curro digital Curriculum team to develop and implement solutions across subjects.
The following prior experience and qualifications would be to your advantage:
- At least five years’ experience of teaching Mathematics in the SP/FET phase.
- A post-graduate degree in Mathematics/Mathematics Education.
- Prior experience of being an Mathematics Head of Department
- Prior experience of teaching Mathematics at the Matric Level with a track record of good results.
- Prior experience of being a matric marker, moderator or assessor for Mathematics at the Independent Examination Board and/or National Senior Certificate Exams.
- Prior experience of teaching Advanced Programme Mathematics.
- Prior experience of creating online materials for a learning management system.
- Prior experience of creating educational video content.