Position for Resident Services Co-ordinator â€“ Npo
My Client a Well-established NPO with a Facility / Establishment in Cape Town â€“ which offers Care for the Aged â€“ Assisted care as well as Childcare, is urgently recruiting for a Resident Services Coordinator.
THIS POSITION IS REQUIRED TO
- To ensure that all family communication is met
- Client relations
- House sales
- Admissions process
- Reporting and feedback
- Quality care
- Customer care
- My client offers a Competitive Salary suitable this Role
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (MUST HAVE):
- Must have a clean criminal record clearance
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently within a pressured environment and make decisions.
- Ability to handle disgruntled residents while remaining calm
- Excellent personal presentation, which is essential as this role requires face-to-face meetings with clients
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Hard worker that is caring, patient, passionate, and enthusiastic.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Conflict management skills
- Creative thinking to improve customer service
- The ability to prioritize tasks
- Flexible approach
- Passion for working in Aged Care and recreation
- Experience in quality care programs
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Empathy and resident-focused approach
- A positive, energetic, and professional approach to work
- Demonstrate a proactive, well-organized approach to working independently
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Passion for physical and mental health and fitness
- High-level focus on customer service and engagement
- As required being available to attend to Residentsâ€™ and Familiesâ€™ queries
- Able to work weekends and flexible hours
COMPETENCIES DESIRED (NICE TO HAVE)
- Experience in working with elderly
- Understanding of human behavior
- Experience in Customer Relations
- Knowledge of creative and cognitive skills
- Computer and report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in Aged Care (desirable)
- Experience in Hospitality (desirable)
- Matric Certificate
- Tertiary Diploma / Degree qualification â€“ preferable
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the leads tracker is updated, and all information is captured
- Follow up with all new queries, calls, emails etc
- Provide all necessary information and documentation to potential leads
- Find new strategies to advertise The Establishment services
- Ensure that all questions and concerns are answered
- Arrange and carry out site visits for all potential customers
- Arrange assessment with the necessary HODs and coordinate with the family
- Arrange and complete the room inspection with the maintenance and cleaning team before new admission moves in
- Coordinate new admissions with the HOD team and family
- Co-ordinate with a reception and ensure all new leads are added to the leads tracker and follow-ups are done
- Work through the memorandum of agreement and other admission documents with the families
- Compile and open an admission file for all new admissions and ensure that all the required documents are submitted
- Ensure that the admission file is completed and signed off as per policy
- Carry out the admission process by promoting the Facilityâ€™s quality care programs, discussing Dining options and Food preferences with new residents, assisting with settling into their room, and orientation into the Facility
- Address all clientâ€™s complaints, concerns, and compliments
- Log all complaints, concerns, and compliments
- Investigate and resolve all residentsâ€™ complaints
- Escalate all significant complaints to the relevant HOD
- Arrange quarterly house meetings with the residents and provide feedback
- Communicate with the families and ensure all concerns are addressed correctly
- Ensure that your knowledge of all The Establishment products/services is up to date and note any changes
- Meet with management to ensure that excellent service is always provided
- Ensure that the Wellness Programme is maintained
- Monitor and evaluate the program regularly, including suggestions on any improvements
- Proactively motivate and encourage residents to be involved in the program
- Provide necessary support to the Occupational Therapist with the quality-of-life program
- Such as:
- The Life/Activity centered care, sensory garden, dining rooms/, and bedrooms for one-to-one individual sessions and events
- activities to cater to social, occupational, religious, and cultural needs meet the programâ€™s desired outcome.
- Part of developing a quality care program is determining the needs of the residents and assessing and reviewing various program implementations and outcomes.
- This involves assessment of the individual residents' psychosocial, occupational, cognitive, spiritual, and cultural needs on an ongoing basis and occasional liaison with other staff.
- care programs including intergenerational activities, bookings of activities, and bus trips
QUALITY EDUCATION CARE
- Supervision by task delegation, ensuring effective communication with carers and other staff members, oversight and guidance of staff as duties are carried out, regular meetings with staff, and provision of updates and additional required information.
- Promote health and safety by ensuring that residentsâ€™ physical, mental, emotional, environmental, and spiritual needs are understood and met throughout the activity sessions.
- The ability to implement and assist in the coordination of company-wide health strategies and initiatives
- Provide educational seminars for residents and staff
- Coordinating, supervising, and participating in the daily delivery of quality care and therapy programs under the direction of the Facility Manager and Occupational Therapist.
- Educate staff regarding the role of Quality within the facility.
- Continually work closely with the nursing team and supervise the physical and emotional wellbeing of the elderly.
- Be a companion to our residents Connecting with residentsâ€™ love and the local community.
- Training of staff in policies and procedures
- Ensure that all meals meet the service level agreement
- Ensure that the monthly menu is received and approved
- Ensure that the necessary dietary requirement is met for the relevant resident (Diabetic, Celiac Disease)
- Maintain all communication between the kitchen and customer relations
- Ensure that all monthly events are planned and executed with necessary feedback
- Ensure that the weekly menu is printed and circulated
- Ensure that photos of each meal are received and escalate any issues
- Act as a resource to uphold the Excellence in Dining principles and be the dining services liaison linking resident food services to ensure individualized resident requests are provided
- Ensure communication (email & meetings) and reporting processes are followed
- Maintaining Monthly statistics and providing reports to the Facility Manager
- Provide regular feedback to the Facility Manager on progress, success stories, concerns, issues, and incidents.
- Participate in reviewing and setting policies concerning resident care and quality of life.
- Participate in quality assurance multidisciplinary team meetings.
- File management
- Attend multidisciplinary team meetings, residentâ€™s meetings, Elderly Forum meetings, workshops, conferences
- Facilitate family meetings
Email a covering letter identifying the reasons why you feel you are the right person for this position, with your detailed CV along with contactable references, to ***email*** . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, non-reply within 30 days after closing date indicates an unsuccessful application.